- On Windows Host, Right Click > Properties > Share (with Everyone)
- On Linux Host: Applications > File Browser > File > Connect to Server > Service Type: Windows Share , Server: Give-Desktop-IP > Connect.
- On being prompted enter windows username/group/password – Thats it, your shared folder will show up
- You could always run a Web-Server on your Windows Host, and access it from Linux Host (either browser or wget). Not exactly file sharing, but files can be downloaded from Windows Host to Linux this way (just in case nothing else is working for you!)
- With VMWare Tools – it should be possible too… have not got it to work yet.