JCrop lets you do these:
- URL http://deepliquid.com/content/Jcrop.html (This is JQuery Plugin, and you can download and use it.)
- You can select an area by dragging your mouse over the image and it will give out coordinates of the area (rectangle)
- To actually crop (cut) an image, this can be done too here, but for that there is backend php which does this job.
This is also called Image Mapping.
- An Online Image Mapper is here: http://www.image-mapper.com/
- A desktop based Image Mapper: http://download.cnet.com/Free-Imagemapper/3000-10247_4-10433477.html